Lifestyle factors—diet, stressors, physical activity, home and work environment, toxin exposures, sleep quality, etc.— make up approximately 95% of the total contributing factors of one’s health status. All of our patients begin with an initial Health & Medical Investigation evaluating their unique lifestyle and genetic predispositions. By beginning with a thorough investigation we are able to get closer to uncovering and addressing the root causes of our patients’ health problems.
What to Expect
The Visit – $150
- A 60-minute online consultation with a health coach who has reviewed your intake forms with Dr. Beard.
- A thorough review of your health history, medical and health timeline, lifestyle and environmental exposures, diet and nutritional status, and stressors.
- Plenty of time to discuss your health concerns and goals.
- Education on the underlying imbalances that may be contributing to your symptoms/condition.
- Recommendations for treatment and collaboration with your health coach to build a strategic treatment plan.
The Treatment Plan
Based on what we uncover in the initial investigation, treatment plans may include some or all of the following (depending on the complexity of your health issues):
- Health coaching sessions
- Lifestyle and diet recommendations
- Supplement and nutraceutical recommendations
- Stress management strategies
- Individualized interventional and restorative protocols
- Possible referral for a consultation with a functional medicine clinician for advanced and standard lab testing and/or medication management/weaning
Functional Medicine is a process. Most chronic conditions are the result of underlying biological imbalances that have been at work for months or years. Correcting those imbalances may take time and commitment to lifestyle changes.
We generally recommend patients plan on investing $550-$1,500 for the entire process.