Functional Medicine is a process, and we’re in this together.
Most chronic conditions are the result of underlying biological imbalances that have been at work for months, years, or even a lifetime. Uncovering and correcting those imbalances will require patience and commitment.
Most of our clients are able to reach their health goals and experience significant reduction in symptoms with an investment of $750-$1800. The costs can vary greatly among clients as it is dependent on the complexity of your health issues, your need for more (or less) oversight and accountability, and your adherence to our recommendations.
Outlined below is our thorough, highly individualized process to help you understand this investment in your health.
Visit 1 – Your Initial Health & Medical Investigation – $150
- A 60-min online video-conferencing consultation with a Functional Medicine Consultant who has reviewed your comprehensive intake forms.
- A thorough review of your health history, medical and health timeline, lifestyle and environmental exposures, diet and nutritional status, stressors, sleep hygiene, and many, many other things.
- Education on the underlying imbalances that may be contributing to your symptoms/ condition.
- Initial recommendations and options for the next steps of your health optimization pathway.
Based on your preferences, needs, and the information gathered in your initial health & medical investigation, you may continue to work solely with one of our FM Consultants (as many do), or you may request a case review by Dr. Beard for her input, oversight, and guidance. Dr. Beard may be consulted at ANY point during your time with our practice. Your FM Consultant can assist with determining if or when a case review by Dr. Beard would be beneficial.
Visit 2 – Development & Initiation of your Care Plan
This 60-min consultation with your FM Consultant is to review your personalized care plan, discuss the frequency and duration of follow-up visits necessary to achieve your goals, and begin implementation of recommended therapies and lifestyle interventions.
We also outline realistic expectations of anticipated costs associated with your customized care plan. We typically outline care plans in 10-week segments. We have found that a minimum of 10 weeks is necessary for completion of recommended protocols, adequate assessment of progress, and thorough evaluation of of all areas that may be impacting your health.
A comprehensive Care Plan may include:
- Diet and nutrient status improvement recommendations
- Environmental (home and work) toxin exposure assessment and remediation strategies
- Supplement & nutraceutical recommendations
- Stress management techniques and strategies
- Physical activity and movement recommendations
- Therapeutic protocols developed by Dr. Beard and personalized by your Consultant
- Standard and/or advanced lab testing options (and evaluation of results)
- Medication reduction strategies
- Follow-up consultations for monitoring and guidance, accountability, education, meal planning, counseling, etc.
Virtual Visits with Dr. Beard
Working with our Functional Medicine Consultants and utilizing Dr. Beard’s expertise for case reviews and recommendations on an “as needed” basis is a very cost effective way to successfully meet your Functional Medicine needs and goals. With that said, Dr. Beard is available for videoconferencing consultations for those that prefer to meet directly with her. This service is only offered in conjunction with our existing process and is not meant to be in lieu of a Case Review or working with a FM Consultant. This time is best spent for higher level discussions after you have worked with your FM Consultant.
Her video conferencing rates are as follows:
- $300 for 30 min
- $500 for 60 min
Follow-Ups – Continuation of Health Optimization
Many of our clients like to take advantage of yearly or more regular follow-ups with our FM Consultants to work towards continual improvement of their health and ensure they stay on track with their health goals.
For clients following-up 6 months or more from your last appointment, we offer:
Investigative Follow-Up – $150 (60 minutes w/ a FM Consultant)
Updated Care Plan – cost varies
Insurance for Consultations & Labs
We do not accept insurance for our consultations, nor can clients bill insurance independently. Due to the current insurance model, there are no appropriate codes for reimbursement of our services. However, many health savings accounts will cover our consultation fees and services.
Clients in Arkansas and Mississippi (Mississippi clients require a referral) may use their insurance for standard labs. Please check with your insurance provider to understand your coverage. For clients outside of these states, or clients who would prefer not to use insurance, we have negotiated very reasonable cash fee rates for many standard and advanced lab tests. We can provide these rates upon request.
HSA & FSA Accounts
You may use your HSA or FSA for any of our services.