Reclaim your health with
Amy’s Total Gut job
Move beyond managing symptoms.
Struggling with chronic symptoms and inflammation?
Confused about how gut health is the key to treat your condition?
The research is robust: gut health plays a significant role in immune function and inflammatory conditions. Most of today’s chronic health issues are due to systemic inflammation that begins in the gut. When the gut function is improved and the GI microbiome becomes more balanced, chronic symptoms begin to disappear!
Discover the foundational principles of gut health and experience the benefits of addressing chronic inflammation at the root cause level: more energy, mental clarity, balanced hormones, pain-free movement, weight loss, radiant skin, and more!
Functional Medicine determines how and why illness occurs and restores health by addressing the root causes of disease for each individual.The Institute for Functional Medicine
How my own health issues and 1000s of hours of research led me to discover the foundational principles of gut health and help hundreds of patients get their health back.
Hi, I’m Dr. Amy Beard, a board-certified Family Medicine doctor, Dietitian, certified Functional Medicine practitioner and the Owner/Director of AmyBeardMD.com.
Perhaps most importantly, I, too, have been a patient. I, too, have experienced the hopelessness of waking up every day with health problems that no one could “fix.” During medical school I spent several years seeing multiple specialists for the evaluation and treatment of many chronic problems—horrible (I mean HORRIBLE) constipation, IBS, reflux, depression, neuropathy, spastic bladder, restless leg syndrome, vertigo, and rashes. Eventually I was diagnosed with “possible Multiple Sclerosis.” Despite countless specialists, tests, scans, procedures, and medications, I still did not get any answers or relief.
I felt hopeless and crazy, an experience that I’ve seen is all too common in conventional medicine. How could I help my patients if I couldn’t even help myself? I found myself in a state of despair…and then a physician introduced me to Functional Medicine and the latest research on gut health and the GI microbiome.
I am happy to say that I am now “cured.” I had multiple root causes all contributing to a very unhappy microbiome—major dysbiosis and “leaky gut.” Once I discovered my food sensitivities and intolerances, cleaned up my diet, addressed my stress, sleep, and toxin exposures, and began an intensive gut healing program, my symptoms quickly resolved.
Was this for real? Was this going to last? Was it really that simple?
The answer: yes, yes, and yes.
Fast forward countless hours of research, conferences, continuing education and working with hundreds of patients. This program has become my (gluten-free) bread and (grass-fed) butter: this is the first place I have clients start and it is often the only thing they need. Now I’m thrilled to be able to share this program with you, so you can reclaim your health, too.
While I am a board-certified Family Medicine doctor, Dietitian and Functional Medicine practitioner, I was a patient first. I created my Total Gut Program because I want others to be able to afford and access to the principles of Functional Medicine that changed my life.
An 8-Week Program to Transform Your Health
Amy’s Total Gut Job is an 8-week program that combines an elimination and reintroduction diet plus a proprietary blend of strategic nutraceuticals to reverse and/or resolve chronic inflammatory symptoms and conditions. This program addresses inflammation by identifying food sensitivities, rehabilitating the GI tract, optimizing the microbial balance of the microbiome and supporting the body’s natural detoxification pathways. It includes a package of Amy’s Gut Rehab products, three hours of educational videos, resources and handouts, and a private Facebook Group for support!
Included in the Program
videos, resources & coaching worksheets
- 3 hours of educational and instructional videos made by Dr. Beard and her Functional Medicine Health Coaches.
- Handouts & resources to educate and guide you through the program.
- A private Facebook group page for community support and sharing recipes, tips, non-toxic products, etc.
Amy Beard MD Nutraceuticals to Support GI Health **a $460 value!!**
- 60 Day Supply of Omega 3 EPA/DHA
- 60 Day Supply Enzyme Support
- 30-90 Day Supply of F-Bomb Prebiotic Blend
- 30 Day Supply of Foundation Shake
- 30 Day Supply of Foundation Plus Multivitamin (with mitochondrial and adrenal support)
- 30 Day Supply of Optimal Probiotic
- 30 Day Supply of Biome Balance (not currently available in our shop)
- 15 Day Supply of Green Immuni-Tea
- 10 Day Supply of Optimal Detox Support with Biofilm Balance
These supplements represent the full protocol and include everything you need to have a successful program. That said, some clients choose to purchase additional items to last the full 8 weeks, such as additional Foundation Shake, Foundation Plus Multivitamin, and Optimal Probiotic. You can view the price of each product by clicking on the name of the product. Within the pre-program content we will also discuss a few additional products for clients with particular issues, however, all of those are optional.
What You’ll Learn
The pre-program content includes videos and resources on…
- An Introduction to Dr. Amy Beard and the Total Gut Job Program
- Understanding the Functional Medicine Fundamentals of Optimal Digestion
- Dysbiosis & Leaky Gut
- Candida & SIBO
- Pathogenic Biofilms
- Inflammation & the GI Tract
- The 5 R Approach to Healing the Gut
- How to Complete the Protocol & Elimination Diet
- Tips for Success
- The Most Common Gut Health Mistakes
- Troubleshooting Common Problems
The weekly content units include videos and resources on…
- Week 1 (Days 1-7): Transforming Stress into Resilience
- Week 2 (Days 8-14): Optimizing Sleep & Sleep Quality
- Week 3 (Days 15-21): Preparing for The Detox Phase, Detoxification & Decreasing Toxin Exposures
- Week 4 (Days 22-28): Movement is a Non-Negotiable
- Week 5 (Days 29-35): Doing Reintroduction Right
- Week 6 (Days 36-42): Mental, Emotional & Spiritual Self-Care
- Week 7 (Days 43-49): Leveraging Your Strengths for Long-Term Success
- Week 8 (Days 50-56): I’m Finishing up the Program… What Next?
Are you tired of being told you’re fine because your labs are “normal”?
Are you tired of seeing one doctor after another and not getting better?
Are you tired of being told “you’re just getting older”?
Are you tired of all the pills?
Time for a new strategy. This is your first step.
I’m ready to feel good again. Why should I start with Amy’s Total Gut Job?
- This program addresses all 5 root causes of disease (stress, toxins, allergens, microbes and poor diet/movement) and restores the impaired gut and immune function that mediates inflammatory symptoms.
- This program is both therapeutic and diagnostic. By doing this program, you “clear the smoke out of the room” and are better equipped to do further investigation if you have lingering symptoms after the program.
- The education and resources in this program will equip you to master your own gut health, and overall health, for the rest of your life.
Learn from the Doctor, Grow with the Coaches
- Dr. Beard is a Medical Doctor (MD) board certified in Family Medicine and ER trained, with vast experience working in conventional medicine. As a Dietitian, Dr. Beard uses her extensive training in nutrition to help clients optimize nutrient status and utilize food as medicine. As an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner, Dr. Beard has completed extensive training in systems biology, equipping her to help you move beyond the conventional model of medicine in order to uncover and address the root causes of chronic symptoms and disease.
- Dr. Beard’s health coaches are trained and mentored by her, and each one has applied their advanced education, certification and experience to the resources throughout this program. They will guide you through the program with the best practices in positive psychology, behavior change and goal setting.
Finally, Affordable Functional Medicine
- I know Functional Medicine services can be expensive. While I strive to offer highly competitive rates for consultations and testing in my practice, I’ve found that many clients complete this program and don’t need us anymore!
- To be transparent, supplements alone are a $452 value, and we’re offering the entire program (supplements, videos, resources and support) for $425. I’m serious when I say that I want to make Functional Medicine affordable!
- If you do want more support during or after your program, my practice offers discounted rates on consultations for clients of this program.
We Provide the Support You Need to Be Successful
- Private Facebook Group: Once you purchase the program, you’ll receive access to our private Facebook Group. This group contains your educational materials, numerous resources and is a place for you to interact with a community of like-minded individuals, sharing recipes, non-toxic products, inspiring testimonies and more.
- Email Support: If you run into a question with your program, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get you going in the right direction.
- Health Coaching Services: If you find you would like additional support you may work with one my certified health coaches for a discounted rate. Whether you just want some extra guidance during your program or you’d like a full Functional Medicine investigation and care plan, they can provide the direction you need.
The 3 Phases of the Program
Days 1-20 of the program focuses on gut rehabilitation. During this phase we will help you understand and address the most common gut issues: dysbiosis (an imbalance of gut flora), Candida (yeast overgrowth), SIBO (small bacterial intestinal overgrowth), pathogenic biofilms, too much or too little stomach acid, and hyper-permeability of the intestinal lining (leaky gut).
My selected nutraceuticals and lifestyle plan create a comprehensive approach to restoring health and balance in your gastrointestinal tract, thereby addressing chronic inflammation, hormonal imbalance, toxic burden, etc. as far upstream as we can go. This phase addresses the 5 R’s fundamental to GI health:
- Remove: This includes removing potential food sensitivities, parasites, bad bacteria, yeast, psychological/ emotional stressors, excessive exercise, etc.
- Replace: Ensure proper digestive function by replacing digestive enzymes and other digestive components that may be compromised due to infection, stress, medications, food sensitivities, etc.
- Reinoculate: Help replenish your microbiome with “good bugs” and feed them with prebiotics.
- Repair: Support the repair of the gut lining with specific nutrients.
- Rebalance: When it comes down to it, we can’t out-supplement poor lifestyle choices. We’ll help you manage your stress, do daily exercise/movement (but not too much), optimize your sleep & sleep quality, and decrease your overall toxic burden because these are imperative for the healing of your GI tract.
Our world is more toxic now than ever and it’s taking a toll on our bodies. Days 21-30 of this program supports the body’s natural detoxification pathways to remove inflammatory triggers and expedite the healing process by providing the nutrients that support Phase 1 and Phase 2 Detox pathways in the liver.
Doing Reintroduction Right
This is where all the work pays off and the valuable data comes in! In this phase we help you understand adverse food reactions (allergies, sensitivities and intolerances) and guide you through a strategic reintroduction so that you can, once and for all, figure out the best foods for your body.
Weekly Learning & Lifestyle Transformation
Each week you’ll have educational content and practical resources to guide you through making long-term lifestyle changes that will transform your health.
Week 1: Transforming Stress into Resilience
- Understand the stress response and adrenal function.
- Learn some of the best tools for improving your resilience.
- Begin implementing habits that help you transform stress into resilience.
Week 2: Optimizing Sleep & Sleep Quality
- Understand the importance of getting enough sleep and high quality sleep.
- Learn the top recommendations for improving sleep.
- Design and implement a personalized experiment to improve your sleep.
Week 3: Prepping for the Detox Phase, Detoxification & Reducing Toxic Burden
- Understand the importance of detoxification and reducing your toxic burden.
- Learn which lifestyle choices hinder detox abilities and which support detox.
- Assess your own toxin exposure.
- Use the given resources to begin making a plan for reducing your toxin exposures.
Week 4: Movement is Non-Negotiable!
- Understand how movement is more than just exercise, and the benefits it has on total body health.
- Track your steps to assess how much you are moving throughout the day.
- Make a plan for getting intentional movement in daily – even if it’s something small and simple!
Week 5: Doing Reintroduction Right
- Discover the different types of adverse food reactions and how to identify them.
- Learn how to reintroduce foods strategically.
- Identify personal food sensitivities or intolerances and learn how that impacts your diet moving forward.
Week 6: Mental, Emotional & Spiritual Self-Care
- Learn about how mental, emotional & spiritual health impacts physical health.
- Learn how to breathe correctly and activate the body’s rest, digest & repair system.
- Take a quick assessment of your mental, emotional and spiritual self-care and consider areas of improvement.
Week 7: Leveraging Your Strengths for Long-Term Success
- Learn your unique top character strengths.
- Understand how your strengths will help you be successful in sustaining positive lifestyle changes.
- Assess your satisfaction with different areas of your life, consider where you want to focus next and how you can use your strengths.
Week 8: I’m Finishing Up the Program… What Next?
- Learn how to determine which supplements you should continue and which can be replaced with positive diet and lifestyle habits.
- Learn about advanced Functional Medicine tests and which may be helpful if you still have any lingering symptoms.
This program has helped our clients
- Gain more energy
- Overcome brain fog
- Reach mood stabilization
- Achieve hormonal balance
- Restore gut health
- Reduce/Resolve Inflammation
- Optimize immune function
- Lose weight
- Sleep better
- FEEL BETTER!
Improving gut health can help the following conditions (and more!)...
Acne, Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia, Arthritis, Asthma, Autism, Spectrum Disorder, ADD, ADHD, Autoimmune Diseases, Cancer Prevention, Chronic, Fatigue, Chronic Sinusitis, Depression and Anxiety, Detoxification and Healing, Diabetes, Digestive Disorders (IBD, IBS, GERD/Reflux), Eczema/Psoriasis, Elevated Cholesterol, Environmental and Food Allergies, Fatigue, Female Disorders (PMS, Menopause, Infertility, PCOS), Fibromyalgia, Fluoroquinolone Toxicity, Healthy Aging, Healthy Weight and Metabolism, Heart Health, Hormone Balance, Interstitial Cystitis, Low Testosterone, Mercury and Heavy Metal Toxicity, Metabolic Syndrome, Pre-Diabetes, Insulin Resistance, Migraines and Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Obesity, Osteoporosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep/Insomnia, Thyroid and Adrenal Disorders.
Here’s what our clients have to say…
“I’ve always been intimidated by people that can be so disciplined to eat properly to heal their gut. I never thought I’d be able to be one of them. My excuses included: time, money, love of “trash” food, not educated in what I’d need to eat, etc. Eventually, my desire to feel better trumped my excuses. I made it a priority, and through this program, I learned how to eat properly as well as many other beneficial things for my overall health (body, mind, and soul)! And at no surprise to anyone that has done something like this, I feel amazing! Thank you for empowering me for not only my own health, but my family’s as well! It’ll impact generations to come!”
“Amy’s Total Gut Job is a great resource for anyone wishing to improve their overall health and to improve how they feel from day-to-day. I’ve done the protocol twice now, having kept 50 lbs off after the first time for over two years. I lost a little less this time (about 8 lbs), but I did it this time to strengthen my overall health and immune system, which it did. I’m very impressed with the strides made since the first time, now being totally online. It was easy to do, provided great support and coaching and Hannah and Amy were very encouraging and quick to respond to questions with capable help and suggestions. Very worthwhile.”
“[My daughter] went from having 18-20 daily symptoms to having ONE minor daily symptom and 2-3 occasional ones. She gained 16lbs this year and grew a ton!! All because her gut is healed and she can properly absorb nutrients. The change in her physically, emotionally and mentally is HUGE! I can’t fully express how much this has changed her life. If you are struggling physically, mentally or emotionally I would strongly recommend you do this program. You would not believe the issues that are caused from an unhealthy gut. I could go on and on about how amazing this program is and how healthy it has made [my daughter]. If you’re struggling, please, please give this a try!”
“I’ve been waking up the past few days earlier than normal and feeling more refreshed each day. Today I woke up at 6:45, on a Saturday, by accidentally setting an alarm (not sure for what). I popped right out of bed and decided to get some work done. I don’t know when the last time I had the energy or motivation to get up on a Saturday to work. I’ve also not been feeling any anxiety and haven’t taken any anxiety medication. I’ve been implementing meditation and deep breathing and can feel the effects almost immediately. Overall, I feel much improved and am feeling so much more hopeful. I knew that diet played a big role in our health but needed some guidance to implement the changes for myself. For you and Dr. Beard, I am so grateful. 5 days in I’m already feeling massive changes. I can’t wait to see what the next 3 weeks bring.”
Amy’s Total Gut Job
This program is designed to include everything you need to be successful on your own. However, if you feel you would benefit from a full Functional Medicine investigation and personalized plan you can sign up below to become a client.