Who Is Eligible for Acute Care?
Acute care is open to anyone who:
- Is an Arkansas resident
- Is currently visiting Arkansas, or
- Is out of state but has established care with Dr. Beard with an in-person appointment. (Are you from out of state and interested in an in-person appointment? Please fill out a contact form here).
If you want to ensure access to our acute care services it is highly recommended to become an established patient. During high demand, acute care appointments may not be available to “walk-in” patients. Established patients are guaranteed acute care access within 24-48 hours.
I Want Guaranteed Access, Help Me Get Established!
Established patients are guaranteed access to acute care appointments within 24-48 hours.
- Arkansas Residents – To become “established” you simply need to schedule and complete a “First Step” appointment with Dr. Beard as a part of our Functional Medicine services.
- Non Arkansas Residents – To use our acute care services, you will first need an in-person appointment with Dr. Beard. All future appointments can be telemedicine. Please fill out a contact form to set up an in-person appointment.
What are Acute Care & COVID Consultations?
****We are no longer providing COVID-19 Vaccine, mask or medical exemptions with this type of appointment. Sorry for the change in policy but do not use this link to schedule any appointments requesting COVID-19 medical exemptions. If you do have a valid medical condition for an exemption you can still schedule a “Second Opinion” appointment and meet with Dr. Beard. We can only document valid reasons for your exemption and can not guarantee if the exemption will be honored by your employer.***
These appointments are suitable for acute health issues. These appointments should NOT be used for chronic symptoms or conditions (please see our Functional Medicine services for those issues!). Prescription medications can be called into your preferred pharmacy if warranted.
Examples of appropriate issues:
- Suspected UTI
- Colds or flu-like illnesses
- GI issues (diarrhea, constipation, heartburn)
- Skin lesions and rashes
- A positive COVID-19 test
- A negative test for COVID-19 but expressing symptoms
- No test for COVID but expressing symptoms
- Exposure to COVID-19 and would like to be prepared for treatment if symptoms occur
- Would like to discuss preventative measures and have a prescription on hand in case you are exposed or become symptomatic
Reasons you should book a different appointment…
If you have shortness of breath, chest pain, severe pain, and/or severe swelling associated with your acute health issue, please seek care at the nearest ER or Urgent Care center.
About the Appointment
- .Appointments are 20-minutes ($100) with one of our clinicians via Zoom.
- One person per appointment. (Spouses or family members may be present during the call, but anyone else seeking care needs to make a separate appointment).
- You do not need to be a current client to schedule.
- Follow-ups are recommended after 1-week and may be completed with us or your primary care physician.
- All forms MUST be completed prior to scheduling your appointment otherwise we will cancel your appointment.
I’ve Never Been Seen Before (New Clients)
Register for a patient portal and follow the instructions for new clients on the homepage. Any appointments scheduled without completed paperwork will be canceled immediately.
I’ve Been Seen Before (Existing Clients)
Log in to your patient portal and follow the instructions for existing/returning patients on the homepage. Any appointments scheduled without completed paperwork will be canceled immediately.
If you are an established Functional Medicine client seeking urgent care and we do not have availability, please fill out a contact form and we will get you in as soon as possible.