You and baby deserve more than just standard care. Gift yourselves optimal health with the Pregnancy & Beyond Program.
How we nourish ourselves in mind, body, and soul creates the foundation of our health and the health of our families. What you do in pregnancy matters! Our Functional Medicine approach to pregnancy empowers you with holistic recommendations for optimal health for you and baby. Whether it is what you eat, how you handle stress, what you supplement, or how you move your body, it all can have a significant impact on the health of your future baby.
Pregnancy is a time of change for your body physically, but many mamas also find it to be a time of emotional and soul transformation. Nourishing both your body and your mind during pregnancy contributes to your health and your baby’s health, and it also sets you up for success in postpartum. What you put into your body – physically, mentally, and emotionally – can impact your pregnancy and beyond. What is in your gut at the time of birth matters. With a vaginal birth, you are literally “seeding” your baby for success or a lifetime of sickness (and who has time for that as a busy mama?)! But how do you nourish yourself in the right way to have the healthiest pregnancy and baby? What makes a good prenatal supplement? Can stress actually impact your birth and baby? (Spoiler alert – it can!) And what’s the deal with probiotics? These are just a few of the pieces we will cover in our sessions.
Is a Functional Medicine approach to pregnancy right for me?
- Do you struggle with digestive challenges, insomnia, skin concerns, brain fog, anxiety, depression? Even if it doesn’t “bother” you, do you have any symptoms?
- Do you have chronic stress (even if you handle it “well”)?
- Do you know the variation in your body’s needs week to week and trimester by trimester?
- Are you drinking enough electrolytes each day? Your needs increase during pregnancy and NOT for Gatorade.
- Do you know what nutrients your body and baby need for a healthy pregnancy? How about what Prenatals are actually good for you and baby?
- Do you know what your birth choices are and the difference between various types of practitioners?
- Do you know what your body needs postpartum?
Every mama is unique and every stage of pregnancy is unique. Working with one of our functional medicine health coaches can help you learn how to thrive during each trimester, empower you in your decision-making, and prepare you for your fourth trimester in motherhood. We do not just focus on food – we also focus on living a more natural lifestyle in general. We discuss everything from key nutrients, the impact of toxins, mindset and lifestyle shifts, empowered decision making and birth education, and breastfeeding/fourth-trimester support as a part of this program. Work with us to help dig deep into your “why”, set goals, and work towards a healthy transformation for you and your baby. With our follow-up sessions, you have the opportunity to choose to make your pregnancy what you want it to be, feel your best each trimester, and rock your birth with confidence, strength, and leaning into your new mama soul!
Our Functional Medicine approach to pregnancy addresses:
- Basic nutrients needed to thrive during pregnancy and into postpartum.
- Movements to prepare your body and mind for labor and birth.
- Natural options for all of the feels each trimester (nausea, sleep challenges, cravings, etc.).
- The power of positivity and a healthy mindset towards birth and postpartum.
- Birth and labor choices including birth support teams, settings, and health choices.
- Empowered and informed decision-making for both your health and your baby’s health. It is not our job to make the decisions for you, but we can help you sort through the overload of information available to help you make a conscious and informed decision.
- Let’s talk about toxins: household toxins, beauty care products, water, air, EMFs, blue light, etc. We are here to help you sort through information and provide you with clean solutions where possible.
These are just a few things we can touch on in our sessions. Each program is customized to you! Let’s make this what you want it to be.
The Pregnancy & Beyond Program includes:
- One 75 minute Initial Health & Medical Investigation with a focus on prenatal health with a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach.
- A comprehensive & personalized care plan outlining recommendations for food, movement, sleep, stress management, toxin reduction, and supplements as it relates to prenatal health.
- One 75 minute Care Plan review to discuss and further personalize your care plan.
- One 40 minute follow-up coaching session.
- In addition to the time spent with you as a part of the pregnancy and beyond foundation package, you will receive real-time support and 1:1 coaching throughout our 6-week relationship with me. This support is invaluable during this season of life. We know, we’ve been there. Unlike an autoimmune condition, how you feel and the changes you need to make for your body can change overnight. Ask any woman who has been pregnant or postpartum. The customized support of a coach can help you on YOUR time when YOU need it most. Real-time communication is Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm MST (with a 24 hour max response time).
- The opportunity to receive continued coaching and 1:1 real-time support after the initial sessions are complete.
- Residents of Arkansas may also utilize our FM clinicians during this process for labs and/or medication management as needed; cost not included. Some labs may also be ordered by your Functional Medicine Consultant.
Program Cost: $575
Your Functional Medicine Health Consultants & Prenatal Experts
Hannah Nicholson, BS, FMCHC
I’ve been where you are. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition prior to conceiving my son. I worked on reducing my inflammation, countering the effect of birth control on my body, and healing my microbiome to set my son up for success. My pregnancy was beautiful, empowering, and redeeming, bringing me closer to God. I believe all women can experience this, especially with the right support throughout the time they share life with a little one. I am 10+ months into motherhood with a healthy and happy bubbling baby boy. I’d love to support you along this journey! You can read more about Hannah here…
You and baby deserve to thrive in pregnancy!
- Purchase your “Pregnancy & Beyond Package” here and schedule your first consultation.
- Register as a new client and complete the “New Client Checklist,” outlined on the patient portal homepage. **All forms must be completed at least 72 hours prior to your appointment or you will need to reschedule.
Still have questions? Hannah would love to hear from you! Please fill out our contact form and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.