Optimize Your Preconception Health with the Pregnancy & Beyond Program
How we nourish ourselves in mind, body, and soul creates the foundation of our health and the health of our families. What you do pre-pregnancy matters! Our Functional Medicine approach to fertility empowers you with holistic recommendations for optimal health for you and your future little one. Whether it is what you eat, how you handle stress, what you supplement, or how you move your body, it all can have a significant impact on the health of your future baby.
When you focus on your health preconception, you support your fertility, a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and a healthy you. Building a healthy and strong microbiome now is one of the best ways for you to set your baby’s health up for success through pregnancy and birth.
Preconception health refers to the health of a woman during her reproductive years. So when should you start focusing on your health before having a baby? Right now! It is never too soon. Follicles are created up to one year in advance; however, a follicle actively develops into an egg over the course of 90 days. Sperm takes up to 75 days to mature. We recommend a minimum of 3 months to focus on YOUR health (and your partner’s) before conception, but 6 months and beyond is ideal. Healing takes time and we all have parts to heal in our bodies and minds.
Is a Functional Medicine approach to fertility right for me?
- Do you have any chronic health conditions or have you had a hard time trying to conceive thus far?
- Do you struggle with digestive challenges, insomnia, skin concerns, brain fog, anxiety, depression? Even if it doesn’t “bother” you, do you have any symptoms?
- Do you take medications? Birth control pills?
- Do you have chronic stress (even if you handle it “well”)?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, there is likely some level of inflammation going on in your body. Inflammation interferes with fertility. The good news is that inflammation can be calmed with some simple transformations. Work with us to empower yourself with knowledge on how to reduce inflammation and optimize your fertility in the months to come.
Our Functional Medicine approach to fertility addresses:
- Basic nutrients needed to support fertility.
- Movements to prepare your body for conception.
- The power of positivity and a healthy mindset towards fertility and conscious conception.
- Empowered and informed decision making for your health. It is not our job to make the decisions for you, but we can help you sort through the overload of information available to help you make a conscious and informed decision.
- Let’s talk about toxins: household toxins, beauty care products, water, air, EMFs, blue light, etc. We are here to help you sort through information and provide you with clean solutions where possible.
These are just a few things we can touch on in our sessions. Each program is customized to you! Let’s make this what you want it to be.
This program helps you achieve your optimum level of fertility through food, mindset, movement, lifestyle changes, fertility awareness tracking, and conscious conception. We can help you decrease inflammation, balance your hormones, get off of birth control, thrive in fertility, and learn to truly nourish your body to help prepare it to share life with your future little one.
The Pregnancy & Beyond Preconception Program includes:
- One 40 minute First Step consultation with Dr. Beard.
- One 75 minute Health & Medical Investigation with a focus on preconception health and fertility with a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach.
- A comprehensive & personalized care plan outlining recommendations for food, movement, sleep, stress management, toxin reduction, and supplements as it relates to preconception health and fertility.
- One 75 minute Care Plan review to discuss and further personalize your care plan.
- One 40 minute follow-up coaching session.
- In addition to the time spent with you as a part of the pregnancy and beyond foundation package, you will receive real-time support and 1:1 coaching throughout our 6-week relationship with me. This support is invaluable during this season of life. We know, we’ve been there. Unlike an autoimmune condition, how you feel and the changes you need to make for your body can change overnight. Ask any woman who has been pregnant or postpartum. The customized support of a coach can help you on YOUR time when YOU need it most. Real-time communication is Monday-Friday 9 am-5 pm MST (with a 24 hour max response time).
- The opportunity to receive continued coaching and 1:1 real-time support after the initial sessions are complete.
- Residents of Arkansas may also utilize our FM clinicians during this process for labs and/or medication management as needed; cost not included. Some labs may also be ordered by your Functional Medicine Consultant.
- $200 for First Step visit with Dr. Beard
- $575 for Pregnancy & Beyond Consultation Package
Your Functional Medicine Health Consultants & Preconception Experts
Hannah Nicholson, BS, FMCHC
I’ve been where you are. I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition prior to conceiving my son. I worked on reducing my inflammation, countering the effect of birth control on my body, and healing my microbiome to set my son up for success. My pregnancy was beautiful, empowering, and redeeming, bringing me closer to God. I believe all women can experience this, especially with the right support throughout the time they share life with a little one. I am 10+ months into motherhood with a healthy and happy bubbling baby boy. I’d love to support you along this journey! You can read more about Hannah here…
It’s never too early to start optimizing your fertility with Functional Medicine.
Register for a patient portal and complete the “New Client Checklist,” outlined on the patient portal homepage. **All forms must be completed prior to scheduling.
In your first visit, Dr. Beard will gather valuable information in order to provide your consultant with guidance on the development of your program.
Still have questions? Hannah would love to hear from you! Please fill out our contact form and we will reach out to you as soon as possible.